A fantastic opportunity for QPM accredited organisations to receive a reduced rate for the ‘Human Rights Based Approach to Social Justice’ training delivered by British Institute of Human Rights.
Course Human Rights Based Approach to Social Justice
For Advocates, Self-Advocates and Community Sector Organisations
Venue Leigh Day (London Office) Priory House, 25 St. John’s Lane, London EC1M 4LB
Dates This is a one day course (10am- 4pm) and will be run on Wednesday 26th February 2020 and Tuesday 10th March 2020
Cost £90 per participant
* 10% for organisations who currently hold the QPM Award only enter QPM10OFF at checkout*
This course will:
- Give an introduction to human rights and the Human Rights Act
- Illustrate key human rights with real examples of successful human rights advocacy
- Look at effective approaches to using human rights law to prevent poor practice and challenge and change poor practice
Each course will also look at one human right in the Human Rights Act in more depth.
- The course on the 26th of February will look at human rights to prevent degrading and inhuman treatment.
- The course on 10th March will look at using human rights to promote respect for private and family life, home and correspondence.
Both courses will follow the same format but go into detail on a different right within the Human Rights Act. You should select the course covering the right which you’re most interested in or which is most relevant to your work.
You can find more information and book here: https://www.bihr.org.uk/Event/human-rights-open-training-courses