The Leaders in Advocacy network that was established by Jonathan Senker at VoiceAbility just over a year ago has continued to grow and develop; leaders from approximately forty advocacy providers from across the country have been meeting on a monthly basis to develop a shared understanding of issues impacting the sector and those we support as well as taking collective action to address these. Some of the recent areas of focus have been:
- The Mental Health Act White Paper consultation
- Equity Diversity and Inclusion and racial justice within advocacy
- Promoting wellbeing and positive mental health in our teams and organisations
- The Liberty Protection Safeguards
- Out of Area working arrangements
The network is informal, meeting remotely, and provides a space to share issues, to support one another as well as developing shared responses to issues and concerns and take collective action.