This year’s National Advocacy Conference takes place on October 25th 2018 at Birmingham NEC.
Keynote speakers include:
- Supported Decision Making as a Legal Right – Dr Lucy Series
- Advocates and the role of the Ombudsman – Michael King Local Government Ombudsman
- Advocates helping people to get the good lives they want – Sam Sly
- Supporting Everyday Decisions: Advancing the right to enjoy legal capacity in law and society – Prof Rosie Harding
The conference is followed by the Annual Advocacy Awards ceremony dedicated to celebrating outstanding advocacy .
Nominations are open for:
- Outstanding advocate
- Outstanding service
- Best co-production
- Outstanding contribution to equality and diversity
- Best supporter of advocacy
To find out more go to www.advocacyawards.co.uk